Mission and Objectives
Our mission is to create is a stable networking research structure in this area to allow enhancing broad-reaching research and technical activity in human health and, in that way, establish the essential bases for the development of Public Health policies for the different administrations in charge of the National Health System.
To that end, the coordination, collaboration and strategic and economic management of research groups distributed all over Spain is required.
To become an international reference centre in epidemiology and public health, CIBERESP's goals include the following:
- Encouraging cooperative research between the groups in CIBERESP, and with groups working in the remaining subject areas of the CIBER, with subject-specific research networks and with international groups, seeking out not only multi-centre studies, but also a multidisciplinary approach and the creation of international networks.
- Focusing CIBERESP's research on the primary health issues affecting the Spanish population.
- Encouraging any initiative proposed by CIBERESP researchers, particularly those that result in collaborative multi-centre and multidisciplinary research.
- Applying research results to solving issues in the population through the clear will of CIBERESP to transfer results to society as a whole. The ultimate groups benefitting from the research results include any of the following: patients, patient associations, the general population, and the health administration at any level and within the various governments (local, regional or state).
- Driving the search for public and private funds for the research conducted at CIBERESP.